5 Tips For Getting Through the Menopause
Hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, brittle bones, irritability and tiredness...These are just a few of the frustrating symptoms commonly experienced during the menopause. Below you’ll find some simple action steps that you can experiment with today to find relief:
- Get regular exercise. Physical activity will help support your energy levels, keep your metabolism high, and result in better sleep quality.
- Consume phytoestrogen-rich foods. These are naturally occurring plant compounds that can mimic estrogen in the body. Good sources include soy, flax, sesame seeds, and beans.
- Take a collagen supplement. Collagen supplementation may help to combat the loss of collagen that occurs in the menopause, supporting skin elasticity, bone density, hair health and more.
- Minimize sugar intake. Support healthy bones and blood sugar regulation by minimising sugar intake - instead, opting for more complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein.
- Increase Vitamin D & Calcium. Both micronutrients play an important role in supporting bone density. Dairy, sesame seeds, tofu, leafy greens, fish, and eggs are all great sources.