DIY Starbucks Holiday Drink Recipes
Do you love Starbucks holiday drinks? Now you can make them at home! Here are three easy recipes for beloved Starbucks holiday drinks:
Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso
- 8 ounces milk, steamed (with a little foam)
- whipped cream
- ground nutmeg
- Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Make sure your pan is large enough so the mixture won’t boil over
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat when it’s done and put a lid on it.
- Make a double shot of espresso (1/2 cup), using an espresso machine. Use the machine to steam 8 ounces of milk, or heat up the milk in the microwave if your machine does not foam and steam milk.
- Make your latte by first adding 1/2 cup espresso to a 16-ounce cup. Add 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup, followed by the steamed milk. Stir.
- Top off the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (available at Asda)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 -1/2 cup espresso.
- Combine milk, sugar and pumpkin in a pot and stir over medium heat until steamed.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and pumpkin spice (Can’t find pumpkin spice? Try mixing a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.)
- Transfer the mixture into a blender and process of 10 seconds (or until foamy) or whisk the mixture until foam appears.
- Pour into a mug, add espresso and serve immediately.
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract (available at Tesco)
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup hot espresso
- 1.5 cups steamed milk
- Stir water and sugar in a pot until sugar dissolves and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and add 1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes
- Mix cocoa and water in a cup until paste forms.
- Add espresso and 1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract.
- Add milk and serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Take your holiday drink to the next level by adding in your CollaSlim.