I had cellulite on the back of my thighs.
That's not unusual - dermatologists estimate that up to 98% of women have cellulite to some degree.
Although this seems a little unfair when compared to men, only 10% of men suffer with cellulite.
Physician Lionel Bissoon, who wrote The Cellulite Cure, has explained why: “When estrogen starts to decrease, you lose receptors in blood vessels and thighs, so you have decreased circulation. With decreased circulation you get less oxygen and nutrition to that area, and with that we see a decrease in collagen production.”
And yes I KNOW....
- Cellulite is normal almost everyone has it
- That the photo-shopped models we see in magazines isn't 'real life'
But I still wanted to say goodbye to my cellulite. I didn't like the stretch marks and fatty lumps that come with it - made worse when an ex pointed out 'Ahh look at that dimple in your thigh'!
I followed the usual tips...
- I tried to eat better (avoiding crash diets which can make cellulite worse)
- As part of a healthier me I also QUIT smoking
- I also started a little exercise (mainly focused on squats and lunges)
This all helped a little.
But I still felt I could do more.
Spending a few thousand on lipo certainly wasn't an option!
And body brushing didn't seem to do much of anything for me...
Then a friend told me to try this multi-collagen from the So Body Company.