Starchy grain that is higher in energy and carbs than most vegetables per serving.
High in fibre which is great for digestive health.
Rich in Vitamin C.
Rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that may prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Packed full of magnesium and potassium which are essential for the maintenance of muscles and help to reduce tiredness.
At around 543 calories per portion, packed full of fibre and over 20g of protein, it's a great alternative to a weekend takeaway or cheat meal.
Don't have an airfryer? You can also give these a go in the oven and adjust cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
Here's what you'll need...
Half 1 small cauliflower (about 300g)
1 corn on the cob
Half 1 small butternut squash (about 250g)
1 medium egg
70g white breadcrumbs
70g plain flour
Ground black pepper
Ketchup (low sugar & salt)
Light reduced salt soy sauce
Fat free Greek yoghurt
Half a lemon
1. Cut the cauliflower florets into halves, so they almost resemble chicken wings and drumsticks, keep these as close as you can in size so they cook evenly.
2. In one bowl, mix the bread crumbs, flour, smoked paprika, garlic granules, mixed herbs and black pepper together. In another bowl next to it, 1 medium beaten egg.
3. Dip your cauliflower into the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mixture to fully coat and then place in your air fryer, making sure they are not touching. Spray with a little cooking oil and air fry at 200°c for 15minutes, turning them every 5 until they are golden and crisp.
4. Serve with a dip of fat free Greek yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon and fresh cut chives.
Sweet Corn Ribs:
1. Very carefully, cut the ends off the sweetcorn and ensure a flat edge.
2. Standing the sweetcorn up on the chopping board, cut the sweetcorn in half by slowly bashing the knife vertically down the corn. Repeat until cut into quarters. (This is a bit fiddly and does require a good sharp knife. If you're not very confident with your knife skills, you can always swap whole sweetcorn for a portion of baby corn.
3. Coat your sweetcorn ribs with a couple of sprays of cooking oil and 1tsp of Smoked Paprika and air fry at 200°c for 15 minutes, turning every 5.
4. Whilst you wait, prepare your bbq sauce- mix together 40g of ketchup, 1tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of honey and 1tsp of smoked paprika.
5. Once the sweetcorn ribs are cooked, and are golden with a slight charr in places, baste them with some of your bbq sauce whilst they are still hot to create a sticky bbq rib. The rest of the sauce is for dipping!
Butternut Squash Chips:
1. Peel and cut and de seed a small butternut squash into halves, about 250g.
2. Using 1 half, cut into long chips, keeping them the same thickness so they cook evenly.
3. Coat your butternut squash in a few sprays of cooking oil, garlic granules and mixed herbs.
4. Air fry at 200°c for 15 minutes, giving them a shake every 5 minutes. (We cooked ours at the same time as our sweetcorn ribs if you have 2 drawers in your air fryer.)
Pile up your delicious veggies, and enjoy with your homemade dips for the ultimate guilt free fakeaway fix or side, perfect to have with your balanced CollaSlim